The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Recent Project List

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Recent Project List

Postby DevinsDad » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 am

I don't understand how your "Recent Project" list gets populated. There seems to be some projects that I have not used in a while and recent projects that I use all the time sometimes go away. I have been typing the project name and the search is great, but selecting from the recent project list would be helpful when processing many email.

I tried to drag a project up to the recent project list and that did not work.

So here's a few suggestion for a new version:

1) Allow projects to be added to the recent project list (with drag and drop).
2) Allow projects to be pinned to the recent project list.
3) My folder structure is such that the recent project list only shows the beginning of project name. When I hover, the full project name shows. I think this should be reversed, Show the short project name in the recent list (like favorite folders) and with a hover, show the full project name.

Thanks for a great product.

Tom Foran
DevinsDad

Re: Recent Project List

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks for the suggestions, Tom.

I don't understand how your "Recent Project" list gets populated. There seems to be some projects that I have not used in a while and recent projects that I use all the time sometimes go away. I have been typing the project name and the search is great, but selecting from the recent project list would be helpful when processing many email.

Project Suggestions are presented based on recency and frequency by contact. In the scenario you describe, you have probably filed previous messages from this contact to four or more different projects some time ago, which is why project suggestions are these older projects instead of projects you recently filed other senders' email to. Once you file to a newer project, it will appear as a suggestion the next time you encounter a message from this contact.

3) My folder structure is such that the recent project list only shows the beginning of project name. When I hover, the full project name shows. I think this should be reversed, Show the short project name in the recent list (like favorite folders) and with a hover, show the full project name.

We plan to improve the display of projects in these buttons in a future release. FYI - if you are using the two-column project list in the selector, the one-column project list shows a longer project name. Also, if all of your folders reside in a single root folder (i.e. Inbox) go to ClearContext > Options and change the Root folder for filing and projects to that path to eliminate it from the Project name (i.e. /Inbox).

Thanks again for the suggestions.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support