The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Moving autoassign rules to a new PC

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Moving autoassign rules to a new PC

Postby gmdeserre » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi,

I just got a new PC from my company. I re-installed all apps including CC. How do I move the autoassign rules to the new PC? I still have the old PC up and running. In V4, I got the autoassign.BAT file system that I used for moving the rules. It does not seem to work in V5.

I am running OL2k7 with an exchange server setup.

Thanks,

Gaetan
gmdeserre

Re: Moving autoassign rules to a new PC

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Follow directions here to backup and transfer your AutoAssign rules. This batch file works in both v4 and v5. If you are having trouble, please describe the problem in more detail and I will take a closer look.

One note - if you have UAC turned off and you are running as an Administrator on either machine, the batch file may not function as expected.
Scott - CC Support

Re: Moving autoassign rules to a new PC

Postby gmdeserre » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:20 am

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your help, it worked. Apparently, I had an older version of the BAT file.

Gaetan
gmdeserre

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support