The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Known add-in conflicts - Do you run these?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Re: Known add-in conflicts - Do you run these?

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:42 am

Manu:

We have had quite a few customers indicate that they run Pocket Informant alongside ClearContext without issue. You may want to try some addition troubleshooting to verify that ClearContext is the source of the issue.
Scott - CC Support

Re: Known add-in conflicts with PI WDS

Postby manu.ceulemans@skynet.be » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:40 am

Hello Support
Thank you for your troubleshooting tips but it didn't help !
I have enable the extensive log and run the process once.
I use the synchronisation tool fom Webis WDS( Windows desktop sync) to synchronize Outlook 2003 SP3 to PI on my iPhone over the air.
When the clear context add-in is active the synchronisation process time out ( shared access to datastore ?)
When the add-in is disabled the sync completes without error.
Please find attached the logs.

Could you please advise ?

Thank you
manu.ceulemans@skynet.be

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:55 am

Manu:

Did you run SCANPST and Diagnostics against your setup? Did you try disabling your other add-ins? If you continue to experience issues after trying this, please go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with screen prints showing the issue. Thanks.
Scott - CC Support

Postby kek99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:28 pm

I am running Windows 7, Outlook 2007, and 5.1 with the TWC version. Outlook crashes at least twice a day with a message that the ClearContext add-in is the problem. I can disable it, but that is not a long-term solution. If I don't disable it, I eventually get a message to run scanpst.exe and I do, which takes forever but resolves the problem until the next day when it crashes again. Is there a conflict between TWC and 5.1?
kek99

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Is the crash occurring when Outlook is opened or closed? If open, is there a specific action that causes the crash? If closed, do you run another process that opens Outlook in the background - such as Google Calendar Sync or some other mail synchronization process?
ClearContext Support

Postby kek99 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Is the crash occurring when Outlook is opened or closed? Always open.

If open, is there a specific action that causes the crash? No. It has crashed several times and always while something different is going on.

If closed, do you run another process that opens Outlook in the background - such as Google Calendar Sync or some other mail synchronization process? No. It is a brand new install so everything is quite clean, but Outlook was crashing with the Clear Context add-in error message before the new install also.
kek99

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 pm

The next time the crash occurs, please capture the crash file (if available) and send it to us. Thanks for your patience as we troubleshoot.
Scott - CC Support

Previous

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support