The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Office 2010 Add-In / Functionality Problems

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Re: Office 2010 Add-In / Functionality Problems

Postby NickMilner » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:38 am

Sorry for the late reply. I'm on 32bit.

I've recently upgraded to 5.1.0 and still get the same problem if I turn user interface error reporting back on. Additionally, after a period of time I lose the project filing suggestion functionality. I.e. a new email entering my inbox will have no project assigned (even if it's part of a conversation that has been previously assigned). Clicking the project dropdown reveals a completely empty list.

However, if I exit Outlook and restart it springs back to life for a while. If I figure out what it is that's killing the function I'll report it.
NickMilner

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks for the additional detail. The new issue describe sounds like a memory problem. The next time the problem occurs, check and see if your memory is maxed out. If it is, try disabling your other add-ins and see if the problem occurs again.
ClearContext Support

Postby NickMilner » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:00 am

It's happening now, but my memory usage is ok (3GB physical on XP SP3)...

NickMilner

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:24 am

Try the general steps in our troubleshooting script to clean up your environment and see if that fixes the issue.
ClearContext Support

Postby NickMilner » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:10 am

I decided not to go through with the instructions in the troubleshooting script - it's very effort intensive and the last time I tried it, it didn't solve my problem anyway. It's just the software equivalent of "unplug it, then plug it back in again", and while that often solves a problem I had a feeling it wouldn't in my case.

Then I saw patch 5.1.1 and thought, hmm, I wonder if my Toodledo plugin has been upsetting it. I installed yesterday and CC has been flawless ever since. Thanks! :)
NickMilner

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Very glad to hear 5.1.1 addressed your issues. Please let us know if anything similar comes up again.
ClearContext Support

Previous

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support