The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Bug filing multiple items at once, plus workaround

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Bug filing multiple items at once, plus workaround

Postby DaveH » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:23 am

I think this has been noted before, but I see strange behaviour when filing multiple messages to a project at once. I am running OL2007 and CC 5.1.1. I am running in Cached Exchange mode but my CC Project Folders are in a PST file. This is an unfortunate requirement because our IT department limits space on the Exchange Server and I have a lot of Projects open at once.

When I select multiple messages from my Inbox or Sent Items and use the CC "File Message" button, all of the messages go to the correct folder but only one displays the Project Name in the Outlook Categories field. The messages still seem to act like they have the correct category but I can't be sure.

As a workaround, if I drag those messages back to my (.ost) InBox they DO all display the correct category. When I refile them back to the Project Folder using CC File Message the categories now display correctly.

Is this a known issue when using .PST's for Project folders? It seems like a display bug only, in that the Category is actually assigned, but Outlook isn't displaying them correctly. If I can clear some of my Projects I may reconfigure CC to use Project folders in my Exchange folder / .OST as a test.
DaveH

Re: Bug filing multiple items at once, plus workaround

Postby DaveH » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:31 am

Update, and better workaround. I know I've seen this posted elsewhere here in the forums, sorry to rehash an old issue.

Using the "File Message" on single items in the Sent Mail folder results in a blank Outlook Categories field for that message. If I drag and drop to the Project Folder the Category shows up normally.

This isn't going to be a long-term workflow. I just started using CC so I'm going through my Sent Items folder and moving sent messages to Projects after the fact. I've also come to realize that I'm using too many Projects. Currently I'm creating a new Project for each Support case I work on. This worked at first because I could keep all messages in one folder directly related to the SalesForce.com case number. However, I'm thinking it's now better to create one Project per customer account. This cuts down on the Project Folders I'm managing and automates the sorting of sent items, too.
DaveH

Re: Bug filing multiple items at once, plus workaround

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 am

Thanks for the feedback. This is a known issue and is on our list to be resolved in a future release.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support