The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Change Primary Email Account

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Change Primary Email Account

Postby abrust » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 pm

My company was recently acquired, so our email is now going through a new Exchange Server. I would like to designate that server's account in Outlook as the primary one for my existing installation of ClearContext.

I can't see how to change this in the Options dialiog box, and my attempt at uninstalling an re-installing apparently left all my settings intact, so that didn't give me the chance to re-run the setup wizard and specifiy the primary account either.

Is there an easy way to get this done? Right now I can't defer emails (because they come back in my old inbox, rather than the new one) and the suggested project/folder names for many new email messages are showing up as "Inbox" because my new Inbox folder is being treated as a project repository rather than a true inbox.

Help!
abrust

Re: Change Primary Email Account

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:12 pm

This is done in from within native Outlook. Open up Outlook's account settings window and designate your Exchange account as your primary account.
Scott - CC Support

Postby abrust » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Actually, that's already been done. But my old primary account still shows up as the current primary account in the CC options dialog box. I could send screen shots to prove it, if you'd like.
abrust

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Those are two different settings. If you also want to make your Exchange account your primary filing location, set it in ClearContext > Options.

Once you have set your Exchange account as the default and restarted Outlook, Defer should return messages to your Exchange Inbox. Is this what you are seeing?

If you are still having troubles, go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with screen prints of your settings and the issue you are having.
Scott - CC Support

Postby abrust » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:14 pm

First of all, I need you tell me exactly what to click when I am in the Options dialog. Merely telling me to open it is not specific enough to get me un-stuck.

Second of all, to be clear, I am using Outlook 2010 and am currently connected to -two- Exchange accounts. I am trying to make the new one of the two primary. And I don't know how. Please help.
abrust

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:05 am

First of all, I need you tell me exactly what to click when I am in the Options dialog. Merely telling me to open it is not specific enough to get me un-stuck.

Go to ClearContext > Options. Change the Default Mail File for Filing and Projects to your primary account.

Second of all, to be clear, I am using Outlook 2010 and am currently connected to -two- Exchange accounts. I am trying to make the new one of the two primary. And I don't know how. Please help.

Go to File > Account Settings. Highlight the account you want to be primary. Click Set as Default.

Restart Outlook and you should be good to go. If not, go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with screen prints of the two dialogs above.
Scott - CC Support

Postby abrust » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:40 am

Scott - CC Support wrote:
Go to ClearContext > Options. Change the Default Mail File for Filing and Projects to your primary account.

That particular setting controls where messages are filed. I have that set to a PST file, and I don't want to change it.

What I want to change is the root folder under which folders like "ClearContext Deferred" and "ClearContext Unsubscribed" are created. Right now they are below the inbox on my old Exchange account, and I want them moved to be under the inbox in my new Exchange account. I also want things to work such that when deferred messages are re-inserted in the inbox, that they appear in the new account's inbox, and not the old one's.

File > Account Settings. Highlight the account you want to be primary. Click Set as Default.

As I said, I already did this. My new Exchange account *is* set as my default in Outlook's Account Options dialog, but ClearContext continues to use my *old* Exchange account's inbox as the root for its deferred, unsubscribed and other folders and continues to insert defrred messages to the *old* inbox once they mature.

File > Account Settings. Restart Outlook and you should be good to go. If not, go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with screen prints of the two dialogs above.

I don't think that's necessary. if you could prescribe advice for my particular request here (providing we can eliminate the misunderstandings) then I should be good to go here.
abrust

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 am

Please go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with screen prints of the two dialogs above. Thanks.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support