The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Multiple email accounts

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Multiple email accounts

Postby CraigF » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:50 am

OK, I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly and get any tips anyone may have whose done this before. I work for a company with multiple subsidiaries. In Outlook I have an email for each company (4 IMAP) , plus 2 personal (IMAP), plus 1 Exchange account for the parent company (my primary email).

If I understand correctly, CC will only work with one email account. (I've noticed that I can't seem to copy CC views from the inbox to the other accounts). I was setting up MYN-CC with a single processed mail folder as breaking down all of my mail into individual project folders when I first setup CC was getting troublesome.

Here's my current thinking, please correct where wrong:

1). Setup in Outlook each account, "pointing" all accounts to a single unified PST file for processing. This will mix work and personal, most likely in a personal account, but I won't tell IT as I'd rather mix work into personal than personal into work.

2). It seems processing/filing may now be a problem since I'd probably want processed email from work in the OST file and processed email from personal in the PST file. Will I have to uninstall MYN-CC and go back to CC? In CC, can I process/file email into folders across accounts/files (from OST to PST and PST to OST)?

3). Tasks/appointments created while processing. Will these be created properly if I'm using the IMAP/OST file as the "processing" account?

Anyone who has done this please advise....Thanks
CraigF

Re: Multiple email accounts

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Craig:

2). It seems processing/filing may now be a problem since I'd probably want processed email from work in the OST file and processed email from personal in the PST file. Will I have to uninstall MYN-CC and go back to CC? In CC, can I process/file email into folders across accounts/files (from OST to PST and PST to OST)?

If using single folder filing, you must specify a single folder in one of your mail files for filing; you can't specify different folders for different accounts. To turn off this feature in MYN-CC go to ClearContext > Options and uncheck "File all messages to root folder".

3). Tasks/appointments created while processing. Will these be created properly if I'm using the IMAP/OST file as the "processing" account?

When you create and Task or Appointment using ClearContext, it will be created in the primary mail file.

Please note that ClearContext does not support the use of an IMAP account as your primary mail file. Details on IMAP limitations are available here.
ClearContext Support

Re: Multiple email accounts

Postby CraigF » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, IMAP is somewhat of a necessity for anyone trying to read email on the road who wants to avoid re-reading a few hundred emails all over again when you get back to the office. It seems that the combination of these limitations will prevent me from using CC for any personal email without mixing it with corporate email which for privacy reasons I'd rather avoid.

It seems that I can still use IMAP on my phone and then funnel all of the corporate email in Outlook to a common corporate/exchange datafile for processing. I'd lose the individual datafiles but since the account is a data field I could Outlook rules to sort, set categories, or file the email in distinct folders.
CraigF

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support