The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Inconsistent in Creating New Project Folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Inconsistent in Creating New Project Folders

Postby jelarv » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:55 am

I think there is a bug in the program, or at least an inconsistency.

After creating about 20 new tasks yesterday, I went into the task view pane and assigned them to 3 new project names by choosing the project button from the CC toolbar. But CC didn't create new Outlook folders for any of them. Instead it put them in the general task folder. These tasks still show up as assigned to the project when I look up the project, but it's odd that the 3 projects don't have Outlook folders. In my prior instances of creating new tasks, I've created new project names in the task themselves, which automatically generated a new Outlook folder.

If this is an intentional element of the program, can you let me know if there's a way to change a setting because it's unnerving to see that I don't have project folders for a random number of my projects, just based on how I create a new project name.
jelarv

Re: Inconsistent in Creating New Project Folders

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:39 am

I am able to reproduce the behavior you describe. It appears that when creating a new project from a Task in the main window, the folder is not created. However if you open the task and create a new project, the folder is created as expected. Thanks for bringing this to our attention; the issue has not been reported previously. We will fix in a future release.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support