The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Changing Contact Importance doesn't change emails?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Changing Contact Importance doesn't change emails?

Postby dgorecki » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Over the last couple of days I've been changing some of my contacts to Important / Not important. When I change them, a message comes across the screen that emails are being scanned and changed, but I never see an existing email in my inbox being changed to CC VIP, CC OK, or having these categories removed.

Is this a known bug?

thanks!

David
dgorecki

Re: Changing Contact Importance doesn't change emails?

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 pm

It sounds like one of two things:

1. ClearContext only re-scores the primary Inbox. It will not touch messages in other folders when you change contact priority.
  2. If you changed the priority options in ClearContext > Options it may not behave as you expect. Have you changed these options from the default?

Do either of these sound like your issue?
ClearContext Support

Postby dgorecki » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 am

Neither one of those scenarios, sorry...

The emails I expected to change are in my primary exchange inbox, and i haven't changed any of the priority settings.
dgorecki

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Please go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us screen prints depicting the issue so that we can take a closer look. Include a before and after image of the email you expect to be impacted, the contact record changed and ClearContext > Options. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support