The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Draft Emails in Inbox Lose Topic

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Draft Emails in Inbox Lose Topic

Postby dwinterb » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:12 pm

Since my Inbox is always so empty thanks to ClearContext (fantastic add-in, can't live without it), I have plenty of room there for drafts of emails I'm working on. It's a great option in Outlook as I never remember to look in the Drafts folder, I prefer to stay in the Inbox or in Topic folders.

This system works well for me, however when a mail is saved in the Inbox as a Draft it loses its assigned Topic. This is the case when it is a reply to an existing categorized thread or a new mail that I've composed. Even more frustrating, if I choose a topic for a mail that is currently drafted and immediately send, the topic is lost and the mail is still unassigned.

I then have to go to my sent items and re-categorize the mail and file the thread.

Is there any workaround for this? I've changed the default time for draft saves from 3 minutes to 10 minutes, but it still frustrates regularly. I don't want to lose the auto-save feature altogether, as I still get the occasional crash.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Devin
dwinterb

Postby brad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:48 pm

Devin,

This is a known issue and unfortunately there is not a good workaround at this time. Basically, we don't associate a Topic assignment wih a message thread until the thread has been created. The thread isn't created until a message is sent or received. So, assignments aren't made to messages until you send them.

I have escalated in priority on our issues list, but can't estimate at this time when a fix would be available.

Thanks for your feedback.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support