The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Multiple Accounts

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Multiple Accounts

Postby Karrade » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi,

I have run into the following condition:

Background:
- I have two email boxes attached to my account.
- One is my email account. It is setup as my primary in ClearContext.
- The second email box is one I have rights to view. I have not included it in the clearcontext list of mailboxes to manage.
- I have file original email on so when I respond to mails and assign a category the original email gets filed to the project folder.

Problem:
If I reply to an email in the second mail box, the original email is also filed away even though its not marked as a mailbox to be managed by clear context.

Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Thanks.
Karrade

Re: Multiple Accounts

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:58 am

This is expected behavior. File Original works in all folder; not just the Inbox.
ClearContext Support

Postby Karrade » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Ok Thanks.

Not to be nitpicky, but just want to be clear:

It does work in all folders as you say. Understood that its expected behavior and not a bug.
But my concern is not that it acts on inbox, but it acts on emails from folders that I did not specify to be managed by ClearContext.

I understand the behavior though. The management of the mailbox relates only to automatically assigning categories.

Likely this is an edge case, but I would submit it as a feature request:
- Check to see if the mail is in a mailbox checked as being managed by clearcontext in Setting. If not, then disable ClearContext actions.

Thanks again.
Karrade

Postby ClearContext Support » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
ClearContext Support

Postby ClearContext Support » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:38 pm

For reasons that I haven't been able to resolve, I am unable to post a reply to your other post (re: AutoAssign).

you wrote:

Using Auto Assign. The reason I like Auto Assign rather than Auto Filter, is that some of the messages I actually want to read as soon as they arrive in my inbox. But I want them to have the right category so if I don't want to read it, I can file all of them away quickly. This mailing list is essentially a daily status, so I want to read it when status is bad. That's why not to autofile.

If I change the address to the mailing list sender, yes it will properly file the message. However, there are too many mailing list senders to put into rules.

Can you use keywords in the subject or body to file instead?
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support