The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Original Message Action

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Original Message Action

Postby bkonia » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:35 am

I notice that the "Original Message Action" setting is sticky. If you change this action when replying to a message, the new setting is applied for all subsequent messages, until you change it agan.

I don't like this sticky behavior. Most of the time, when I'm replying to a message, I want the original message to be filed to the topic. However, every now and then, I want to leave the original message in my Inbox. Therefore, I want to be able to manually override this setting for a particular message, without changing the setting for subsequent messages.

I think it would be much better if you had a default setting for this action in ClearContext Preferences. Then you could override it for a particular message, without changing the default setting for subsequent messages.
Brad S Konia
bkonia

Postby brad » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:23 am

Brad - thanks for this and your previous suggestion in the forum. They have both been noted and will be considered as we look at future feature sets. Please keep more ideas coming our way!
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support