The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Filing under a new project

Discuss ClearContext AutoFile and the ClearContext Scorecard here. New to ClearContext Online? Start here.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Filing under a new project

Postby Naman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 am

Hi,

Can you let me know if there is a way I can re-categorize an original email once a task has been completed. I have a project folder which is call backs which I select when creating the task where a call back is required. However after the task has been completed I would prefer to have the orignal email moved to a more specific project folder which relates to the content rather than leave the email in the call back project folder.

Is this possible? Or can you suggest an altenrative method of organising Call Backs??

Thanks
NH
Naman

Re: Filing under a new project

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:25 pm

I suggest using Tasks to track call backs instead of filing the email to a project folder:

1. Use the ClearContext Task button to create a task out of the email
  2. Add notes to the subject or the body about what you want to do on the call back (i.e. "make sure to ask about x...")
  3. Assign a category of @Call-back and give a due date
  4. Assign the appropriate project and let ClearContext file the original email to it
  5. Use the ClearContext Dashboard to view all tasks with category @Call-back when you are ready to start your calls

The advantages here are many:

• You have a due date associated with the task so that you know when it needs to be completed
  • The notes will help you more quickly recall why you wanted to call back
  • You can view all your call backs by context (@Call-backs) or see them in their associated Projects
Scott - CC Support

Postby Naman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks - this will help massively. One of your points was I can view all your call backs by context (@Call-backs) or see them in their associated Projects. When you refer to viewing them by Context ado you mean the categories section withn the dashboard or elsewhere?

NH
Naman

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:00 pm

When you refer to viewing them by Context ado you mean the categories section withn the dashboard

Yes. you can also filter by category in the Organizer.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext AutoFile and Scorecard Support