The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Topic greyed out along with all the other CC toolbars

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Topic greyed out along with all the other CC toolbars

Postby Jimonline » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:10 am

I have looked at the other posts and I either don't understand or don't see the answer.

I have 2007 and all of the toolbars are grayed out. Tasks, Dlegate related view and more importantly Topic.

I checked that the add-in is checked and it is.
Any suggestions?

Jim
Jimonline

Postby brad » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:38 am

Jim - does this happen on all messages? Are you trying to access a message in the Inbox or another folder? Are you using two machines to access ClearContext and/or are you using a PDA that accesses your mail file?

ClearContext must process a message before it can act on it. Processing occurs when a message is received and entails adding a thread record, topic, etc.. It sounds like the message you are looking at has not been processed by CC. This can happen because you are looking at messages which did not travel through the Inbox or because there was a message conflict with another process, causing the message to remain unscored. (For more detail on this see our FAQ). As a test, if the message you are having te problem with is in the Inbox, restart Outlook and see if it becomes scored (i.e. the toolbars become enabled).
Brad Meador
brad

Postby Jimonline » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:18 am

They do get delivered to my inbox and yes I have a Treo650 picking up mail too through "chtter email" on my Treo.

the title of my inbox is "inbox for Insurance company". (thats where I work) Does the name need to be just "Inbox"

I forced a scoring as well as a restart with no change.

Thanks,
jim
Jimonline

Postby Jimonline » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:24 am

OK, Now that I have opened my eyes further.....
I have actually "3" inboxes

One labeled Inbox for "PK insurance" company mail (this is where 95% of my mail comes through)
one labeleed "inbox for fastmail" personal email
and shazam! one labeled "Inbox"

the one label "inbox" works fine! Any ideas on how to best route my email through the one "Inbox"?
Jimonline

Postby Jimonline » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:23 pm

All is well, I have moved the folders to point to the correct folder. Everything works great!

Since I keep ansewing myself I winder is that the same as talking to yourself? If so I may have lost my mind!
Either way I learned a lot today!
Jim
Jimonline

Postby brad » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:54 pm

You're not losing your mind. I'm glad you were able to work it out. For others visiting this thread, ClearContext v2 only scores messages delivered to your defalt Inbox. It looks like Jim figured out how to send all his email to that Inbox.

Please let me know if I can provide further assistance.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support