The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Project management improvement requests

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Project management improvement requests

Postby EACutter » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:58 pm

1) is there any way to access the CC-TopicName in VBA? Is there a reference published anywhere about how to refer to the Clear Context Topic/Project name in VBA.

2) I request this because, as far as I can tell, the best apps for Task management on smart phones are Toodledo or Remember the Milk and the key missing link is syncing the project name. A solution for syncing CC fields with other online task managers for use when away from outlook would be very useful.

3) I agree with other users that an easier way to rename and delete Projects is essential.

Eric
EACutter

Re: Project management improvement requests

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:20 pm

1) is there any way to access the CC-TopicName in VBA? Is there a reference published anywhere about how to refer to the Clear Context Topic/Project name in VBA.

No.

2) I request this because, as far as I can tell, the best apps for Task management on smart phones are Toodledo or Remember the Milk and the key missing link is syncing the project name. A solution for syncing CC fields with other online task managers for use when away from outlook would be very useful.

Turn on Project to Category synchronization to accomplish this. ClearContext > Options > Project Options.

3) I agree with other users that an easier way to rename and delete Projects is essential.

Use the Move Project on the Actions menu of the Project Dashboard to rename Projects. Remove project folders from your message store to delete the project. Details in our User Guide.

Thanks for the feedback.
Scott - CC Support

Re: Project management improvement requests

Postby EACutter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks.

The limitation of syncing project to category is problematic since I (and apparently many others) use categories for GTD locations. I also often use multiple categories, a feature I'd like to take advantage of. Finally, other services such at Toodledo, use their own field (like ClearContext) to record the project

What I would really like to be able to do is sync the CC-TopicName to a user defined field (such as tdfolder).
EACutter

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support