The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Why doesn't my dashboard look like in the video tutorials?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Why doesn't my dashboard look like in the video tutorials?

Postby satix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:46 pm

When I watch the video tutorials, there's that huge dashboard screen where you can view all your projects, the emails related to them, the assigned tasks related to them, etc.

I don't have anything anywhere near that in mine.

In fact...unless I'm doing something SERIOUSLY wrong, I just don't really get where we manage projects well at all with this software. Am I missing something? I watch the tutorials for project management and my software doesn't look anything like what seems to be available.

In other words, I don't get where we can just click on a project, make notes about it, create tasks, timelines, etc. I see that we can assign emails to projects, and where we can create a task and assign it to a project, but I don't get where we can just have one big screen up where we can input all the various details related to the project. Meetings, events, etc.

Am I missing something?
satix

Re: Why doesn't my dashboard look like in the video tutorial

Postby satix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 pm

http://www.clearcontext.com/products/screen_prints/dashboard.html

This is what I'm talking about. Is this an older version and is this screen no longer available? Or...how to I configure my cc to enable this view?

Thanks.
satix

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Where did you find that link? We replaced that large Dashboard with the much more usable dashboard sidebar in v5. See here and here.
ClearContext Support

Postby satix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:30 pm

I got the link in the user manual.

And...maybe I'm just missing something, but that sidebar does NOT seem more functional to me for managing projects. Clear Context seems to be marketing itself as a project managing system also (albeit I understand it's not supposed to function anywhere near as complex as a solid project managment program) but I am just not getting how it functions well in this scope, and have just accepted that I need to use another program for project management, even though I am just a one person business and need very very simple software for this.

Any hints or clues as to how to make that dash work better for managing project? I don't see anywhere where we can just open a project, see all the tasks and timeliness associated with it, subtasks, a calendar associated with it, etc. It seems there was much more functionality in this regard with the old dash?

thks.
satix

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:57 pm

I think you're missing the Project Dashboard. Double click a project in the sidebar to open up a Project Dashboard in the project tab. It shows all tasks and appointments by project, along with notes, contacts and files associated with the project. Watch the Getting Started with Pro tutorial video to see the Project Dashboard in action.
Scott - CC Support

Postby rinkyhinky » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:25 am

For the record, I think I may like this dashboard option better, as well. Note ... perhaps as an option.

Marnette
rinkyhinky

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support