The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Exact Phrase versus any keyword

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Exact Phrase versus any keyword

Postby smanning » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:12 pm

In my subject line I am trying to key off a partial part of the subject line
So if the line is like
word1 word2 word3 word4 word5

I would like to look to see if word1 and word2 and word3 exists in the subject line
sometihing like "word1 word2 word3" in the search field

When I use any keyword feature and put in word1 word2 word3, I get some false assignments because another email had just word1 in the subject.

Is there a way to handle autoassign on a partial subject line?

Also it would be very cool to have regular expression support in the next release to handle complex conditions.

Thanks
Scott
Scott Manning
smanning

Postby brad » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:33 am

Scott - did I respond to you directly on this? If not, sorry for the slow reply - I'm certain I typed up a long answer to this, but it must have never gotten posted.

Regardless...

The AutoAssign interface is intended to be a fairly simple rules interface. Click on the toggle "exact phrase" to achieve what you want. For example, create a rule to look for "word1 word2 word3" - any message with that phrase will have the rule applied to it (for example "word0 word1 word2 word3 word4 word5".

Unfortunately, you can't create a rule looking for word1 AND word2 AND word3 so that it finds "word1 word0 word2 word5 word3" and performs the designated action.

Does this make sense?
Brad Meador
brad

Extract Phrase versus any keyword

Postby smanning » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:44 am

Your reply made sense, but I had a few additional questions

1. Is there any other way to look for word0 and word1 and word2 when the string is “word0 word4 word2 word5 word1â€￾ and to apply a topic to the email?
2. Are you planning to add this feature in the next release of clear context?
3. Do you have a tentative release date for the next version. I assume it will be around the release dates for Office 2007.
Thanks
Scott Manning
Scott Manning
smanning

Postby brad » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:06 pm

Scott:

1. There is no way to do this with AutoAssign in v2.0.6
2. We do not have plans to implement this in the next release. We do have plans to implement integration with Outlook Rules sometime in the near future, which should allow you to create these more complex rules, but I don't know right now whether that will be in v3.0 or a subsequent release.
3. We will start public beta testing v3.0 before the end of the quarter and release when it makes sense after that. See our corporate weblog for additional detail on our product plans.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support