The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

New feature request - support links in project notes

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

New feature request - support links in project notes

Postby mwkoehler » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:06 pm

I am a big fan of using Onenote to hold project related materials. The new project management features of 5.1 look great, but I would love a way to link from ClearContext's project to Onenote's support material. The Add Note feature for each project looked perfect, just paste the onenote:// link into a note, and voila a quick link back to Onenote. Sadly, the note field doesn't hyperlinks. Supporting links would be a help to anyone that needed to reference a web site as well.
mwkoehler

Re: New feature request - support links in project notes

Postby deva » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:12 pm

We won't be able to get this in to 5.2, but this is something that is on our to-do list and will be added in a future release. FYI, I'm currently writing a post about 5.2 plans that I expect to be up early next week.
deva

Postby mwkoehler » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks!
mwkoehler

Postby fyjpm » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm

I know this is a slightly older thread but here's a solution anyways FWIW:

Instead of using CC's Note field, why don't you just set a task that is linked to the OneNote Section/Page? Then you can double click to open the Task, and Double click to open the One-Note.
fyjpm

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support