The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Delegate Does not bring over new data

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Delegate Does not bring over new data

Postby dgajewsky » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 am

If I use the Delegate function when sending an email the new task created is a copy of the email before I reply with my instructions. This is not helpful if I view the task on my PDA then the only text is the original message and not the text of the delegation. For example I get an email and it says there is a problem, I delegate and instruct someone that they should contact person x then contact person y, afterward they should dance in circles. But if the text is not in the message I can not ask them what they did complete as the information regarding my instructions is only in the reply/forwarded message and not the task.
dgajewsky

Re: Delegate Does not bring over new data

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 am

This is a limitation due to the timing of the creation of the task. When on your PC, use MessageContext on the task to open the latest email in the conversation and view your instructions.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support