The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Changing the order of views?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Changing the order of views?

Postby sysadmn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:34 am

If it's not a trade secret :-), can you tell me how ClearContext created the list of views with the ClearContext entries at the top? I've been searching all over the web and cannot find out how to do this. According to MS, they are sorted by creation date, and cannot be changed. I have a series of GTD views for tasks (by Context, by Project, etc) that I would like to appear at the top of the list of task views, not the bottom.

PS - I'm 3 days into the trial, and have already budgeted for IMS pro instead of GTD for Outlook Add-in. Pretty clever giving the free trial of the advanced product by default - I've found features I can't live without that I wouldn't have used if I had started with the free version!
--
Reality is Negotiable.
sysadmn

Postby brad » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:19 am

We didn't do anything special to make our views appear at the top of the list. I thought it was alphabetical until you brought it up. It may have something to do with the fact that our views are for the Inbox only as opposed to all Mail and Post folders.

Thanks for the kind words about the product - please let me know if I can provide further assistance as you continue your trial.
Brad Meador
brad

Ok

Postby sysadmn » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:11 pm

Turns out they are displayed in the order they are created. CC assigns the views to "this folder only" and then displays views for the folder only, so the Outlook default views don't show up.
--
Reality is Negotiable.
sysadmn

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support