The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Daily crashes with ClearContext and Word email

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Daily crashes with ClearContext and Word email

Postby MadMrMax » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm a registered user of ClearContext on Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as my email editor. I consistently get 2 to 3 crashes a day when I reply or create a new email. If I disable ClearContext toolbars on Word email editors the crash goes away. The problem is that disabling toolbars leaves me with reduced functionality -- emails I reply to don't get automatically filed nor am I ever prompted to set the project for a new email.

Ideally I can keep the ClearContext toolbar on Word email enabled since it greatly helps but can support help me figure out why Outlook keeps crashing? I've went through the walkthrough of reinstalling ClearContext, repairing Outlook and Word but no changes.

Help please!

-mark
MadMrMax

Re: Daily crashes with ClearContext and Word email

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Upgrade to v5.4.2. If you continue to have the issue, go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with a link to this thread. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby MadMrMax » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:49 am

I'll send the log. Looks like an error keeps happening (from the log)
3/24/2011 9:32:48 AM
ERROR: (MAPI, Managers\AppointmentManager.cpp, 269)
UpdateItem: unable to open entry
HRESULT = 8004010f

-mark
MadMrMax

Postby MadMrMax » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 am

I should mention that I did some searching on the forums for crashes and even found this thread: clearcontext-affecting-outlook-email-editor-and-word-t2577.html?hilit=word email#p9678 and tried using the "SafeWordEditor"registry value mentioned in the thread, but no luck.

thanks,
mark
MadMrMax

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:52 am

We sent additional instructions offline. Please let us know the results.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support