The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Outlook hangs on startup after removing Exchange Account

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Outlook hangs on startup after removing Exchange Account

Postby daj102 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 am

I've just deleted a secondary Exchange account from my profile after completing work on a customer project. This leaves my main Exchange account and a Gmail IMAP account. When Outlook was open as I deleted the account, everything seemed fine, but now that I've restarted it - it hangs on startup while loading the ClearContext add-in. I guess that CC knew about that account before, but when I removed the account CC did not remove its setting, and it's hanging trying to load or attach to a file that is no longer there.

How can I remove that old file from the settings, or at least, reset CC so that it recreates it's internal database? Is uninstall/reinstall the only answer?

--DJ
Outlook 2010, CC v5.4.2, Win7 64-bit
daj102

Re: Outlook hangs on startup after removing Exchange Account

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:20 am

Run the Remove AppDatastore tool here and see if it fixes the issue.
ClearContext Support

Re: Outlook hangs on startup after removing Exchange Account

Postby harpreetsingh » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:18 am

ClearContext Support wrote:Run the Remove AppDatastore tool here and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks It's works :) ..
Something is better then nothing!
Portable dvd players
Pet insurance
harpreetsingh

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support