The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Registration key is invalid\ Purchased CC but shows trial

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Registration key is invalid\ Purchased CC but shows trial

Postby brad » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:32 pm

I get a fair number of questions about the registration process, including:

How do I enter my registration key?
ClearContext says my registration key is invalid.
I purchased ClearContext but it says that the trial is about to end/ that it is going to downgrade to IMS Personal.

If you have one of these problems, your questions are answered here.
Brad Meador
brad

Re: Registration key is invalid\ Purchased CC but shows trial

Postby StarkRavingMad » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 am

And for those of us who forgot/lost our registration keys?
Thanks,
James
StarkRavingMad

Postby blueivy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:41 am

For those of us who purchased a lifetime licence, requesting your licence key info returns a whole host of keys - one for each version. The key I received as my 'life time licence' was in fact a key for v4 (by the looks of things) and not a key to be used with any version.

I only recently upgraded to v5.1 so this is why it's just coming to the surface now.
blueivy

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:18 am

Paul:

There's not a single master key; we generate a new one for each major release. Looking at your records you should see a v5 key listed as well?
ClearContext Support

Re: Registration key is invalid\ Purchased CC but shows tria

Postby ryanmccauley » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 am

I'm having this same issue - I requested a copy of my registration key (using the online form), and the email I was sent contained 3 (two for v4 and one for v5, from the looks of it). I tried all to register v5.3 with all three, though, and each reports that it's a key for a previous version.

Before I reformed my PC, I was using v5.1 without issues, and it had to be with one of these keys, since I don't have any others. I just purchased an additional year of upgrade support, and the software just downgraded itself to Personal because I don't have a working key.

On a related note, I just downloaded and installed the software from the website and it shows in Outlook as "Version 5.3.0 Beta Personal", which seems odd.
ryanmccauley

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:27 am

I'm having this same issue - I requested a copy of my registration key (using the online form), and the email I was sent contained 3 (two for v4 and one for v5, from the looks of it). I tried all to register v5.3 with all three, though, and each reports that it's a key for a previous version.

The v5 key should work. Make sure that the registered user name and key appear exactly as they do in the email. If you continue to have trouble, go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with a screen print of the registration screen with your registration details entered into it.

On a related note, I just downloaded and installed the software from the website and it shows in Outlook as "Version 5.3.0 Beta Personal", which seems odd.

The current Personal release is still in beta as we finalize it. Thanks for the feedback.
ClearContext Support

Postby henry22 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:04 pm

ryanmccauley wrote:I'm having this same issue - I requested a copy of my registration key (using the online form), and the email I was sent contained 3 (two for v4 and one for v5, from the looks of it). I tried all to register v5.3 with all three, though, and each reports that it's a key for a previous version.

Before I reformed my PC, I was using v5.1 without issues, and it had to be with one of these keys, since I don't have any others. I just purchased an additional year of upgrade support, and the software just downgraded itself to Personal because I don't have a working key.

Hi Ryan,

I'm having this issue as well. What did you do to figure it out?

Thanks
Henry
Henry James
henry22

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support