The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Original Message is being autofiled

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Original Message is being autofiled

Postby Marty Parker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Just in the past week, when I reply to a message, the original message is autofiled in the Project folder. Also, if I choose a message from the sent folder and reply all, that sent message gets moved to project folder. (Note: Sent messages are not in project folder since I'm using Office 365, but not as my primary e-mail account, so just goes to Sent.)

What can I do to leave the original message in it's original folder (Inbox, Sent, etc.)?

Thanks,

Marty Parker
Marty Parker
Communication Perspectives
408-420-5539
marty@parkerbiz.com
Marty Parker

Re: Original Message is being autofiled

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:21 pm

The filing of the original message is controlled by the button labeled "File" underneath "Original Message" in the toolbar. To stop filing the original message, click this button so that it is not highlighted. This setting is remembered for future messages.
ClearContext Support

Postby Marty Parker » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:23 am

ClearContext Support wrote:The filing of the original message is controlled by the button labeled "File" underneath "Original Message" in the toolbar. To stop filing the original message, click this button so that it is not highlighted. This setting is remembered for future messages.

Where is the "Original Message" in the toolbar?

I don't see that option in my toolbar. I'm on Version 5.4.5 Professional running Outlook 2010.

Thanks.
Marty Parker
408-420-5539
marty@parkerbiz.com
Marty Parker

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:56 am

Are you looking in the toolbar in the window while composing a message? It is located there and not the main toolbar of the Outlook window.
ClearContext Support

Postby Marty Parker » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:11 pm

ClearContext Support wrote:Are you looking in the toolbar in the window while composing a message? It is located there and not the main toolbar of the Outlook window.

Thank you!!!! Exactly.

Appreciate the help.
Marty Parker
408-420-5539
marty@parkerbiz.com
Marty Parker

Postby henry22 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:05 pm

ClearContext Support wrote:Are you looking in the toolbar in the window while composing a message? It is located there and not the main toolbar of the Outlook window.

Where exactly is it located? I am having issues finding it.

Thanks
Henry
Henry James
henry22

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:45 am

The is on the ClearContext toolbar presented when you are replying to a message. Attached is a screenshot of what you would see in Outlook 2007/2010 when replying to a message.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (21.83 KiB) Viewed 5606 times
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support