The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Suggestions not Correct

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Suggestions not Correct

Postby dgajewsky » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 am

When I file an item away in a thread the subsequent items in the thread do not show the correct suggestion for filing. Additionally, I see this happen with new messages of a thread where the thread is filed under a project and the new message suggests a completely different project.
dgajewsky

Re: Suggestions not Correct

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Once a message is filed into a Project Folder, that folder should "stick" to any future messages that come in with the same subject. The folder listed in the filing button should no longer be a suggestion indicated by the green question mark icon, but instead show a firm assignment with the blue envelope and folder.

If the subject is changed, or response received with a prefix not recognized by Outlook (such as multiple "re:" prefixes), the future messages won't be associated with the prior messages. If this is not what you think is happening, can you send us a sample of the messages where the project is not staying assigned? Please email them to support at clearcontext.com and attach the sample messages by dragging them into the email you send us.
ClearContext Support

Postby renl90 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:23 pm

I've recently installed v7.0 which is SUPPOSED to have more advanced filing suggestions.

However, having used CC since v4.0, I can say that the suggestion algorithm is behaving pretty much as it always has: i.e. once a thread is labeled with a folder it sticks but many messages for which the top suggestions should be obvious (e.g. 1. all messages from and to a certain recruiter who has been hired to do two searches have always in the past been put into one of two folders yet those folders just don't come up!, 2. suggestion for a message with subject line "[Customer X] Meeting" does not contain the ONE FOLDER in Outlook that contains "Customer X"!).

Rather, the suggestion list seems to be largely populated by the most recent folders that have been selected.

Can someone help? This problem is substantially limiting the utility of the software for me...
renl90

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:18 am

While the new suggestions seem to be working well for most people, we are hearing from some that the old suggestions worked better for their use. We are working on fine tuning the suggestion engine to better work with these cases. If you would like to be involved in helping us test these tuning changes, please contact us through the ClearContext->Help screen in Outlook.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support