The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

why appears a defered message with original time stamp?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

why appears a defered message with original time stamp?

Postby rsieber » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:07 am

Hello,

the most exciting feature for me is the defere function. But - I've one problem: the deferred message appears with the original timestamp - I would expect that the message will appear with the actual timestamp, so the message is on top of all other messages in the inbox.

How do I get this working?

best,

Robert
rsieber

Re: why appears a defered message with original time stamp?

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:24 am

ClearContext uses the original timestamp when a deferred message is moved into the inbox. There is no way to change this behavior. If you leave a large number of email in your inbox, consider using the Task button to create a task out of the email and set a reminder instead of using Defer.
ClearContext Support

Postby rsieber » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

It's a pitty - I really like the idea to get the mail on top of all my mails when it comes back to my inbox. This would made my day and I would purchase CC. Any way to get this in the next version?

Best,

Robert
rsieber

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 am

We tried this in the initial beta release. Without some indication that the message was previously deferred, changing the date simply doesn't work. The message appears to be new rather than one deferred previously.

Thanks for the feedback.
Scott - CC Support

Postby rsieber » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Scott, maybe you can give the message a catagory "defered" or you simply change the body with some notes like the original time stamp. Or you just "foreward" the message to the same inbox.

Take a look at: nudgemail.com

Robert
rsieber

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:53 pm

My point is that it's not as simple as you initially described. Your suggestions are on our features wishlist for future consideration. Thanks again for the feedback.
Scott - CC Support

Postby jasperm » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 am

I would like to add another vote for changing the defer behavior. As it is now, I don't see any real value using it. I might as well just mark the email unread and leave it in my inbox. The only difference is it goes away for a while then comes back. Adding DEFERRED from date: x/x/x to the body or subject line would be simple solution. and/or marking it a different color (but I wouldn't depend on that alone since user might not have selected CC view)
jasperm

Postby BumpaRoy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 am

I agree. Defered messages need to come back to the top of the InBox (timestamp of today). If I defer 1 week out, I'll never see the defered message unless I scroll down and Im unlikely to do that. Great concept, poor execution. Also, the ability to get a list of Defered emails would be really helpful.
BumpaRoy

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support