The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Follow-up versus Task - do they both link?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Follow-up versus Task - do they both link?

Postby bfreese » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:13 pm

I use the "follow-up" a ton to ensure that I stay up on information/action needs that I put into email. It appears that CC does not treat those as linked actions however, so when I open up the thread and view the linked actions, these are not present and I have to actually go into the Outlook task list to see them. However, if I take the time to actually create a task, it is linked.

Really like the "one button" F/U action and would be great if they were both noted as linked to the thread since both appear to create a trackable action.

Am I missing something in my setup to enable this to work more effectively for me?

Thanks,
Brian
bfreese

Re: Follow-up versus Task - do they both link?

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 am

The Follow up tasks should be linked in the same way as regular linked ClearContext tasks. Can you provide a step by step on how you are going about creating the follow up where it is not linked?
ClearContext Support

Postby bfreese » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm

When sending or responding to emails:
* Create content
* Hit follow-up button and select appropriate timing
* Hit send - select project if requested. If not, go with default.

It shows conversation history, but not tasks.

When I select "Task", it shows a linked task.

Running Outlook 2013 FWIW.

Take Care,
Brian
bfreese

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 pm

That does seem like a completely typical way to use the followup feature. It is possible that you are seeing an Outlook 2013 specific issue - we have not yet validated the product for Outlook 2013 yet. Can you send us a support request through the ClearContext->Help screen so we can see more specifics on your setup?
ClearContext Support

Postby bfreese » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Done - thanks in advance for your help.
bfreese

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support