The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Original is misfiled when using File Original

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Original is misfiled when using File Original

Postby recklight » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 am

I haven't been able to find the exact steps, but I've had several cases where I reply to an email, with File Original selected when composing the response, and then cannot find the original. Today, I happened to notice that the original ended up in a different folder than my reply.

I did a search and found that the original email ended up in the Mailbox>Conversation History folder where my Communicator 2007 R2 conversations are stored.

I'll keep trying to find the exact steps, but is this a known issue with a solution? Thanks.
recklight

Re: Original is misfiled when using File Original

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:29 am

What was the Project assigned to the message that was placed in the wrong folder? Check the Project listing in the File Msg button.

One of two things happened here:

1. Some other process outside of ClearContext moved the message.
2. The Project "Conversation History" was assigned to the message inadvertently. This could happen if the message were moved or copied into that folder by another process.

Do either of these sound like your issue?
Scott - CC Support

Postby MisterBates » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:02 am

I'm having a similar issue - received mails and sent mails where the "File Msg" button shows Conversation History as the recommended file location. Unless I notice, then the mails are filed into that folder. I don't yet see a pattern.

However, linked to that I have a feature request. At the moment ClearContext allows me to specify which storage locations (PST files) should show up in the projects list. Would be great if I could also tag individual folders (and their subfolders) to be excluded from that list. Conversation History is one such folder, but I'd also exclude News Feed and RSS Feeds to prevent that messages would be filed into those.
MisterBates

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks for the report. The Conversation History assignment does remain on our issues list.

I will add your feature request regarding the excluded folders.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support