The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Outlook Meeting/Appontment Tab Disappears

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Outlook Meeting/Appontment Tab Disappears

Postby cesarers » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:38 pm

I have been a ClearContext user for 2 years now without any problems and have comne to rely on the add-in. Starting in the past 10 days, when I try to creat a new Meeting/Appointment in Outlook (2007), the Appointment/Meeting Tab no longer appears. This makes it impossible to add "Invitees" to the meeting. I tried many things to retore it, but it will not last. Then I removed all of my "add-in" to see if there was a conflict. Sure enough I have narrowed it down to ClearContext. If I un-install, there seems to be no issues. After I re-install it fails again. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Rick
cesarers

Re: Outlook Meeting/Appontment Tab Disappears

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing on the new appointments to support at clearcontext.com?
ClearContext Support

Postby cesarers » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Done.
cesarers

Postby GilF » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 am

I have had the same issue with the Outlook appointment tab disappearing. I upgraded to v6.0.1 and still have the issue. If I uninstall ClearContext, my Outlook appointment tab reappears.

What's the fix?
GilF

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:36 am

Have there been any changes to your configuration since this problems started? Installation of other programs, changes to your Outlook configuration, etc?

On odd problems like this often the general troubleshooting steps or repairing the Outlook installation and data files can solve the issue:

1) Outlook 2010 - Open Programs in Windows Control Panel, highlight Office 2010 and click Change/Repair.
Outlook 2007 - Run Help > Diagnostics from within Outlook.
2) Run SCANPST on your mail files as described in step 1 here: http://www.clearcontext.com/help/performance.html
ClearContext Support

Postby bradleybrad » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:34 pm

This happened to me and the culprit (for me) was the combination of ClearContext and Apple iCloud add-ins. The only way I could remove iCloud add-in was to uninstall the app from my Windows7 PC. As soon as it was gone, the meeting/appointment tabs came back.
bradleybrad

Postby camjohnston » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 am

Ditto on the i Cloud fix. Thanks for posting
Cam
a new ClearContext user
camjohnston

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:32 am

We have isolated the cause for this conflict with iCloud. It appears that the iCloud addin assumes that any control added to the Appointment Ribbon that is not a built in Outlook control supports a function called "isZebraAptFormRegionInactive". When the function is not found, Outlook detects an error and prevents the main Appointment Ribbon tab from loading. If the show user interface errors option is enabled in Outlook, one will see an error window every time the Appointment window is opened.

isZebraAptFormRegionInactive.png
isZebraAptFormRegionInactive error screen
isZebraAptFormRegionInactive.png (22.59 KiB) Viewed 12482 times

If one is not actively using iCloud on the computer, the best solution is to uninstall iCloud from your Windows Control panel. Alternatively, disabling the ClearContext appointment toolbar will also work around the issue. To do so, navigate to the following folder:

C:/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/AppData/Local/ClearContext/ClearContext Information Management System/RibbonX/

Once you are in the directory, rename the Microsoft.Outlook.Appointment.xml file to something else like Microsoft.Outlook.AppointmentBackup.xml and restart Outlook after the change.

We expect to have a solution for this issue in the upcoming 6.1 release that will automatically work around this problem.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support