The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

High DPI Support

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

High DPI Support

Postby brianjgraf » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Are there any plans to address the UI problems when using DPI scaling? Using a DPI scaling of > 100% is becoming a must on newer displays - I'm using a Macbook w/Retina display and I have to crank it up to 200%. Clear Context fails pretty severely in this configuration. For example, the splash screen displays a normal size white rectangle, but the splash screen graphic only overs the upper left 1/4 of the rectangle. There are other issues in pretty much every CC dialog that is displayed. I can use it for filing messages, but not much else.

Also - it would be great if it could detect that it was running under Office 2013 and display the main menu item in ALL CAPS to be consistent with the rest of the Outlook 2013 UI.

Thanks,

Brian Graf
brianjgraf

Re: High DPI Support

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 am

Thanks for the problem report. High DPI scaling is in our list of issues, but we don't have an ETA at this time as to when it might be addressed.
ClearContext Support

Postby brianjgraf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am

That is unfortunate. I've been using Clear Context from the very beginning - I'm going to hate to lose it but I don't have much of a choice if it won't work on my hardware.
brianjgraf

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 am

We are sorry to hear that. Implementing the scaling for every ClearContext screen is a pretty big undertaking, and I don't believe it would be possible to tackle that until the next major release at the earliest.
ClearContext Support

Postby brianjgraf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I took a closer look at my workflow and how I use CC. I think I can live with most screens - honestly most of them are fine. The one hangup I have is the Dashboard view. Everything else is at least usable. Would you consider looking looking at this one area before the next major release? I'm happy to help alpha test for you.

Thanks,

Brian
brianjgraf

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:36 am

I will pass the request along to development.
ClearContext Support

Postby brianjgraf » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Any update on High DPI support?
brianjgraf

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 am

Unfortunately, we don't be able to address this until the next major update at the earliest. The Dashboard will be one of the most involved areas to add dpi support for due to the number of custom user interface controls involved.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support