The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Feature request (unless I'm overlooking something again)

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Feature request (unless I'm overlooking something again)

Postby JProvencher » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 am

I've looked through the documentation and cannot find the answer(s).

Can a due date be set for the actual project, not just for tasks within?

Is there a way to (automatically) create a project from a task? This goes kind of with a GTD thought process, and probably others as well. If a task requires two or more steps, it should be a project. It would be helpful to have a button 'Create project from task' or similar. Also with creating a project, we should be able to assign a due date for the project. Right now, it seems that the only step in creating a project is creating a folder to file the associated Outlook items in.
JProvencher

Re: Feature request (unless I'm overlooking something again)

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Currently, a Project is more of a container for related items such as emails and tasks, rather than something with it's own attributes. Projects are tied closely to folders, and having a folder automatically causes it to be recognized as a Project. Projects can also be created on the fly by assigning a new one to an item such as a task. By default, ClearContext does query you to assign a Project whenever a new item is created.

We are looking into adding Project specific attributes such as an overall or default due date, but something like probably won't happen until the next major version of ClearContext.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support