The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Default Folder Expansion Configuration Setting?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Default Folder Expansion Configuration Setting?

Postby hdhurwitz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi. I have a large number of PSTs all with many different project folders under each. When I go to file something or select a project, the list of folders under each PST and the main Inbox are always fully expanded. Is there a way change this default view spo that they are compressed versus expanded? This would allow me to expand only the relevant PSTs that I whish to review to find the appropriate project folder to select. Without this functionaility, I find that I have to waste to much time either scrolling down a very long list, or alternatively, hitting the little minus sign on each of the PSTs and Inboxes manually to compress the list of folders so that I can then zero in on the one that actually has the subfolder I am looking for. Please advise if there is a way to make it display the copressed list from the start. Thanks!
hdhurwitz

Re: Default Folder Expansion Configuration Setting?

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:18 am

The project/folder selector is optimized for search, so that a few keystrokes should get you to the folder you are looking for. We have had some requests for the folder tree to remember the expanded/hidden state for the branches, and we are considering that enhancement for a future release.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support