The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

File sent message in BOTH sent items and project folder?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

File sent message in BOTH sent items and project folder?

Postby SFgator » Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi there - I've just started using ClearContext and I'm evaluating this versus SimplyFile (which I know is more limited), but I'm most interested in the filing capabilities.

I'm interested in knowing whether I can *both* automatically file the sent message into the project folder *and* keep a copy in my sent items folder. It seems as though it's either one or the other - and I want both. SimplyFile allows this, and for me this is important in my own workflow.

I've searched the boards for this answer and I can't seem to find any answer to this specific question.

Thanks!
SFgator

Re: File sent message in BOTH sent items and project folder?

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat May 25, 2013 10:52 am

The product only files to one location, not two. So you only have the choice of keeping email in sent items, or filing them to a Project folder.
ClearContext Support

Postby SFgator » Sun May 26, 2013 9:01 am

Okay, understood. I'm still going to be giving this a real try - although I have been using Simplyfile for several years and that feature is really great since it's super easy to look in sent if i need to find something quickly, rather than going to whatever folder I filed the sent message in (I file all my sent messages in the appropriate folder by default so I always will have a record of the email I sent). This works especially well if I need to quickly find a sent message while i'm on my mobile phone and the email message I sent from my computer was filed into a PST folder - which means I can't access that folder from a mobile device ... therefore meaning that the Sent folder would have a copy as well to quickly refer to. So, building in this feature would be great.

Secondly, another feature I think would be amazing is an un-file feature for those occasions where you're working fast and you mis-file an email. You may be going so fast you may know you misfiled something but then didn't catch where it went, and then you're left searching for where it now resides.

Thanks for the response!
SFgator

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 27, 2013 10:20 am

One option you may want to consider is keeping all your sent mail in the sent items folder. By default, ClearContext labels emails with a Project if one is assigned in the category field, so you can view emails by Project in the sent items folder by changing the view to group by category in that folder.

There is an undo file function in the product. It can be found under the More menu (may vary by Outlook version). Also the Activity Log function will show a history of where emails have been filed.
ClearContext Support

Postby SFgator » Mon May 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Got it - thank you again for such a speedy response - much appreciated.

This is a good suggestion - and I didn't realize about the undo function, nor the log to find this. This is helpful, so again, much appreciated! :)
SFgator

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support