The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Followup task function not showing email thread

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Followup task function not showing email thread

Postby wrightmattc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm on Windows 7 and Outlook 2010, and appear to have lost some functionality from within the followup feature in Clearcontext. previously, when I would click on the pop-up reminder for the task, the window at the bottom would show individual line items for the email thread. now I just see an embedded single attachment.
Matt
wrightmattc

Re: Followup task function not showing email thread

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:17 am

There hasn't been any changes to this functionality in the product. Do you have the MessageContext enabled for tasks in ClearContext->Options->UI/Toolbar?

Note however that the integrated MessageContext is not available in x64 versions of Outlook. You will instead see a button in the toolbar to launch a MessageContext window.
ClearContext Support

Postby wrightmattc » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:47 am

not seeing that options. when I got to ClearContext->Options->UI/Toolbar.....there is only two items that show under this tab: (i) "one click filing", and (ii) "Folder/Project Name Abbreviation".....nothing else. please advise. thanks Matt
wrightmattc

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:34 am

If you're running the regular 32 bit version of Outlook, some components ClearContext needs for the MessageContext may have gotten damaged. Try running the following to attempt repair of those components:

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/2597986#FixItForMe
ClearContext Support

Postby wrightmattc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:58 pm

i guess the issue is that I'm running 64bit office outlook; therefore, this feature as you state is only by using the "message context' feature in the toolbar, which is ok, but just not as good as before where it's automatically in the task reminder.
wrightmattc

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support