The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Unable to file thread from inbox

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Unable to file thread from inbox

Postby rkaramc » Wed May 28, 2008 8:00 am

Hi:

I am unable to file threads from the inbox - the "Thread" button does nothing when clicked.
I am able to file individual messages/topics.

This problem seems to have started since I upgraded to IMS v4.0.7 earlier this week.

Would appreciate if you can provide a solution for this problem.
thanx
rajeevk
rkaramc

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed May 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Rajeev:

Does this happen on all messages or just some of them? Are you filing messages from the Inbox or elsewhere. The next time your encounter the issue, close Outlook, count to 10 and reopen Outlook. Now try File Thread; is the problem resolved?

If that doesn't help, go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email. Reference this thread when you do so.

Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Re: Unable to file thread from inbox

Postby bobheck » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:39 am

rkaramc wrote:Hi:

I am unable to file threads from the inbox - the "Thread" button does nothing when clicked.
I am able to file individual messages/topics.

This problem seems to have started since I upgraded to IMS v4.0.7 earlier this week.

Would appreciate if you can provide a solution for this problem.
thanx
rajeevk

I am having this same exact problem. So, I doubt it is something user specific. File Topic and File Message work, File Thread does nothing when clicked.

I am also on version 4.0.7. Windows XP Pro. Outlook 2003.
bobheck

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Bob - i have sent you information offline on how to resolve.
Scott - CC Support

Postby charliec » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:43 am

Can someone share how they have corrected this problem. Mine has stopped "filing thread" and it is very frustrating after you are used to having it!
charliec

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:10 am

This problem usually is caused by a problem in the mail file which prevents ClearContext from searching for the messages in the thread. Please try repairing your mail file as described in step 1 here: http://www.clearcontext.com/help/performance.html

If that doesn't help, please send us a support request by going to the ClearContext->Help screen (ClearContext->About in v5 and earlier), and we'll take a look at your logs and configuration.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support