The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Customize task view with Topic Field?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Customize task view with Topic Field?

Postby bhouse » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:34 pm

I tried to customize a task field to pull in the "Topic" field so I could group by my topics. I can't find this field listed under any of the subgroups for Fields. I see the column / field in my Inbox.
How can I do this? Shouldn't they have been added as fields during the install process?
bhouse

Postby brad » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:39 pm

What version of the product are you running?

In v2 we don't write the topic value to tasks. We maintain a hidden thread table that links tasks to topics. So. whenever you open a task, we query the thread table and display the topic name accordingly.

Due to customer requests, we are writing topics to tasks in 3.0. This version of the software has not been released yet, but is in beta testing and will be released in Q4. If you are interested in beta testing send a note to beta at clearcontext dot com.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support