The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Auto-File Sent Folder Emails (like Inbox)

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Auto-File Sent Folder Emails (like Inbox)

Postby Pocketneo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:19 pm

I use Clear Context 6.2.1 Professional.
I'm certain this has been asked/discussed, but I can't seem to find the right answer. My problem is I need to manage my Sent Folder like I do my Inbox even when I am not using Outlook. I know CC doesn't work on smartphones, so am looking for a solution from within Outlook.

I use a smartphone (iphone) and also Outlook for my email.

When i send emails from Outlook, ClearContext tags them (Category) and then auto-files them to the appropriate folder.

When i send emails from the iphone, they are stored in my Sent Folder.

When I return to my PC and use Outlook sometime later, I'd like CC to re-scan my Sent Folder and run the tagging so that I may ensure that Sent folder emails are also auto-filed to the appropriate folder.

While some emails are tagged in my sent folder, the majority of them are not.

I would be OK to run the Auto-Assign process but there's only a button for "Apply Rules To Inbox". Ideally, I'd like this to happen automatically or scheduled (if possible).
Pocketneo

Re: Auto-File Sent Folder Emails (like Inbox)

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm afraid we don't have an ideal solution for the issue at present. You should find however that if you browse through the messages in the sent folder, ClearContext will recognize that certain message conversations belong to a certain project. You can tell if this is the case if the File Msg button in the ClearContext toolbar has the folder with the blue envelope, indicating that a firm Project assignment and not a suggestion. With use of the "File Thread" and "File All Project Messages" buttons, you can reduce the effort to correctly file sent messages.

We do already have this issue documented in our feature enhancement list and will continue to consider ways to best address this issue.
ClearContext Support

Postby Pocketneo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for replying.
I do understand and have used your suggestion, but it only served a fraction of what I had to re-file.

I appreciate that ClearContext has this in the backlog. I wish i knew its priority.

I regard this issue as one that likely all your customers face. Its inconceivable with how we all manage our emails (smartphones, tablets, PCs, laptops) that there is only a single location (i.e. Outlook) where its managed. That's why having the ability to re-scan a folder other than Inbox (i.e. sent) plays an important file management role with multi-device management.

Again, I appreciate the rapid response. Cheers.
Pocketneo

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:55 pm

We can understand how this could be a frustrating issue. In general, we don't assign priorities except for critical problems such as crashes or data loss. However, this issue is definitely on our radar for the next development cycle.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support