The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Installation of v7 without administrator account

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Installation of v7 without administrator account

Postby aeschi70 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:57 pm

I already use version 6.2.2 Professional on Windows 7 and Outlook 2013. Until version 6 it was possible to install ClearContext without admin account.

Now I upgraded to version 7 but cannot install it without admin account. Is there an alternative installation procedure?

Thank you,
Markus
aeschi70

Re: Installation of v7 without administrator account

Postby uteitler » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:51 am

Yes please .. it was one of the main reasons for moving to CC instead of SimplyFile. Please provide non-admin install options
uteitler

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 am

ClearContext typically does not require administrator rights for installation. The installer itself hasn't had significant changes since version 5 from many years ago.

We have seen companies lock down the rights in Windows to require admin rights for any installation. It may be that this has changed since previous installations of ClearContext. Also, another thing we have seen is that upgrade installations sometimes require admin rights, while a new installation does not.
ClearContext Support

Postby aeschi70 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:17 am

Thank you for the hint with uninstalling the old version of ClearContext first and then installing from scratch.

This solution worked for me. I first did a uninstall in the Windows Control Panel and installed ClearContext 7 afterwards.
aeschi70

Postby aeschi70 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:45 am

Now I have the problem that my categories and projects are not synchronized with ClearContext 7. The log file says "Invalid custom property tags".
I already deactivated an re-activated the add-in, but this does not solve the issue.
aeschi70

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 am

Please go to the ClearContext->Help screen in Outlook and click the link to email support. We'd like to take a look at your configuration and logs.
ClearContext Support

Postby aeschi70 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:06 am

Dear support team,
Thank you very much for your fast help.
For all readers here - I did not enable my main mail file and therefore I did not see the categories.
Regards, Markus
aeschi70

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support