The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Associate Contacts with Projects

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Associate Contacts with Projects

Postby PickDave » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:30 am

Is there a way to associate Contacts with Projects. It would be great for me to be able see emails, tasks and contacts associated with a project. I know that I can associate a contact with a task, and be default see the contact, but often when I am making phone calls on projects, I am first looking to the contacts.

And since I am a new user of ClearContext , I may just not know where the functionality is.

Thanks
Dave
PickDave

Re: Associate Contacts with Projects

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:03 pm

In the Projects view of the Dashboard, you can see what contacts you have emailed for messages assigned that Project. However, there is no functionality to pick a Contact and see the related Projects. That seems like a useful capability and we will pass along that feedback to the product team.
ClearContext Support

Postby PickDave » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:08 am

A contact view would be very helpful.

However, I don't see how to see the emails in the projects view. What I see in the projects view is just a list of tasks associated with the projects. I am looking at the Organizer view. Maybe I need to go through the training video... :)
PickDave

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:15 am

It's the Project Dashboard that has the related contact view. It doesn't actually list the emails, but extracts the contacts from emails you have filed to the Project.

Here's the quick tutorial page that talks about the dashboard:
http://www.clearcontext.com/tutorials/o ... board.html

and here is the full user guide section:
http://www.clearcontext.com/user_guide/ ... board.html
http://www.clearcontext.com/user_guide/dashboard.html
ClearContext Support

Postby PickDave » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Has the ability to associated contacts with a project other than sending them an email been added?
PickDave

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:03 am

There is no capability to associate contacts to a Project other than through the existence of emails addressed to/from the contact.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support