The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

copy / archive email to windows file folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

copy / archive email to windows file folders

Postby dalerehayes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:33 am

Our company no longer allows .pst files with Outlook. I can no longer save personal emails to a .pst file I used to file / archive emails I wanted to save for future reference. From what I can tell ClearContext cannot save emails to the Windows file folder structure. I am now looking for a plug-in / add-in for Outlook 2013 that makes this type of filing as easy as ClearContext makes it to file emails in Outlook folders. Am I missing something? Can ClearContext do this? Does anyone else have a recommendation for a plug-in that does this?
dalerehayes

Re: copy / archive email to windows file folders

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 pm

ClearContext can only file to mail files, and not directly to the windows file system. We are not aware of any other product that is capable of that.
ClearContext Support

Postby dalerehayes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Since posting, I have found multiple add-ins that will do this. That capability would make your product much stronger. Would rather have one add-in that can do all filing. .pst files are getting kicked to the curb.
dalerehayes

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:34 am

Thanks for letting us know. We will pass the feedback on to the product team.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support