The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Request : Followup categories (@context & project)

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Request : Followup categories (@context & project)

Postby georgefurnell » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:28 am

Hi,

I know this request was raised a while back but I'm sad not to see it in 6.2, please give it a higher priority in your planning.

The full request - be able to add more than 1 category (i.e. context or project) to a follow-up task.

Regards
George
georgefurnell

Re: Request : Followup categories (@context & project)

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks for the feedback. That request remains on our list, and we hope to get to it in a future release.
ClearContext Support

Postby Gnopps » Wed May 13, 2015 3:28 am

I'm not sure this is the same request, but whenever I create a Follow-up task it is placed in a project automatically. However, no category (context) is assigned to it. That means all my follow-up tasks keep being shown in the "<Unassigned Tasks> category, leaving me to think it contains tasks I've forgotten to categorise.

Kuva 3.png
Kuva 3.png (11.26 KiB) Viewed 4524 times

Is this related to the bug that was fixed in the latest 7.04-update ("Resolve problems in Category selection in QuickTasks and Followup") or something separate? Is it something I can change myself?
Gnopps

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed May 13, 2015 8:32 am

What you are mentioning is a bit different from the original request - that user was requesting that it be possible to assign multiple categories to a follow up task. Also, the QuickTasks bug you mention is a different issue - when using the QuickTasks interface, sometimes the category was not getting attached to a task even if it was selected.

Categories are not added to follow up tasks by default. If you want to assign a category, click on the Options button in the follow up creation window, and add a category you want assigned. Note that this category setting is sticky, and will remember the category for future follow up tasks by default.
ClearContext Support

Postby Gnopps » Thu May 14, 2015 10:23 pm

ClearContext Support wrote:Categories are not added to follow up tasks by default. If you want to assign a category, click on the Options button in the follow up creation window, and add a category you want assigned. Note that this category setting is sticky, and will remember the category for future follow up tasks by default.

Great, thank you for the explanation!
Gnopps

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support