The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Task missing from organiser

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Task missing from organiser

Postby Gnopps » Sun May 17, 2015 11:00 pm

This morning I added a task from my mobile phone, with a title and due date (nothing else added). Once I arrived at the office the task had synced to Outlook and I can see it in the Outlook tasklist.

However, when I open the CC organiser it is not there. I tried clicking the rotating arrows in the bottom right corner of the organiser, but that did not help.

Any idea why the task is missing?

Thanks in advance

Kuva 1.png
Kuva 1.png (67.33 KiB) Viewed 7308 times
Gnopps

Re: Task missing from organiser

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 18, 2015 8:20 am

Do you have multiple mail files that your tasks are stored in? In ClearContext v7, tasks are recognized in multiple mail files, but you may need to go to the ClearContext->Options and enable the mail file for use with ClearContext.
ClearContext Support

Postby Gnopps » Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks for your answer. I work with only one mail file.

Yesterday I used the Office repair tool and today the task shows up in CC. I was unable to replicate the problem. Will get back if it happens again.
Gnopps

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue May 19, 2015 7:56 am

Glad you were able to solve the problem. Corrupt mail files can often cause odd issues like this and repairing the mail file can solve the problem.
ClearContext Support

Postby Gnopps » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:45 am

Same thing happened again now: Using my mobile I added a task while the computer was off. I turned it on and the task shows in the native Outlook task-handler but not in the CC organiser. This time a restart of Outlook was enough to fix the problem.
Gnopps

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks for letting us know, and please keep us posted if this continues to occur. We're not sure why this is happening - if you notice any other circumstances other than entering the task on mobile, that may help in narrowing down the cause.
ClearContext Support

Postby Gnopps » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:00 pm

It keeps on happening:

1. Computer is off (shut off, not hibernating). I add a task via mobile.
2. Hours later, turn on computer. Start Outlook.
3. Task is showing in native task handler but not in CC organiser.
4. Close Outlook and start Outlook again
5. Task is showing in CC organiser.

So it seems perhaps CC is loading the tasks before Outlook has completed its sync upon startup?
Gnopps

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:30 am

From your forum registration date, it sound like you have been using ClearContext for a while. Have there been any changes to your computer or Outlook before this started to happen? It shouldn't matter if ClearContext starts up before or after the task changes sync, as the task folder is monitored for any changes.

Please go to the ClearContext->Help screen and click the link to email support. We'd like to take a look at the diagnostic information.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support