The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Exchange support

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Exchange support

Postby davenovo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Hello,

I have an exchange account which I use on 3 computers. At work, at home and on a laptop. I am interested in trying the followup feature primarily. I have a few questions.

CAn I just purchase a single license to use on the three computers. I will only be using one at a time.
Does the follow up work with exchange in this scenario. I presume I have to have followUp installed on each computer. But if I add a reminder on one computer, or the reminder is cleared on one computer, will it sync to the other computers via exchange?
davenovo

Re: Exchange support

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:14 am

Yes, when using the followup feature on multiple computers with a common Exchange account, the followup tasks, reminders and automatic completion is synced to all the computers. The ClearContext license allows for installation of the product on up to 2 computers. If you want to use it on more than 2 computers and want to be fully compliant with the license, please email us at support at clearcontext.com and we can provide a highly discounted additional license.
ClearContext Support

Postby davenovo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:49 pm

On a similar note, what if I access the exchange email via Outlook Web Access and a message comes in that would have deleted a reminder. Then I respond to that message and move the message to my "old mail" folder.

Will the reminder be cleared the next time I open up one of my Outlook instances on my computer, or is the fact that I filed the message (or maybe even deleted it) going to mess up whatever logic is done to remove reminders.

Alternatively, if I want to install your demo on one computer to start, will things mess up because it is not installed on the other computers I am using?
davenovo

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:07 pm

The Followup feature is built on top of regular Outlook tasks. So, once the followup task is created through ClearContext, it is visible through any client connected to Exchange and the reminder will pop up as scheduled directly through Outlook.

The auto-cancel feature does rely on ClearContext running and seeing the message that will cause the auto-cancellation. So as long as Outlook with ClearContext is running somewhere and sees messages coming into the Inbox, everything should work as expected, even using other email clients. If ClearContext is not running at all, the worst that can happen is that the followup task will not auto cancel.
ClearContext Support

Postby davenovo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Does the follow up reminder make tasks in the regular task list, or can I specify a separate task list. I dont want all these email reminders cluttering up my regular To-Do list.
davenovo

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:16 am

The follow up tasks do appear in the regular task list. You can specify a default category for the follow up tasks, so perhaps you could utilize the category to sort or filter the tasks.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support