The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

ROADMAP - next version ?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

ROADMAP - next version ?

Postby WIMMINT » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 am

Hi Clearcontext,

first I would like you look closely again at the topic "Given up on Clearcontext"

Also for me would it be nice to know WHAT would developed WHEN .. some kind Roadmap would be nice to have .. so that we as customers, users could look forward to some new features

Besides the, also for my point of view, (very) slow development .. doing it at "cadence" of 1 or 2 releases per year, you might find yourself .. getting behind. maybe more releases and with fewer features .. instead of 1 with a lot.

with the first scenario .. you keep your customers(!) interested.

looking forward to the next release soon(!!)

Wim
WIMMINT

Re: ROADMAP - next version ? "no comment" by ClearContext

Postby WIMMINT » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:06 am

Hi !!! ClearContext !! customer out here !!!

I presume that the absence of any reply by CC is as clear as a "no comment" .

Having no view on what the future brings and commitment from your side (CC)

I draw my conclusions ...

Wim
WIMMINT

Re: ROADMAP - next version ?

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:28 am

We apologize if you feel that we were ignoring you. We weren't sure what else we could say that wasn't already said in the previous topic you were referring to.

On further thought, it seems that there is perhaps some mismatched expectations on how the product is developed. ClearContext is structured as a traditionally licensed product like Microsoft Office. Users purchase a perpetual license that does not expire, and choose to purchase upgrades if they see value in newer versions. These upgrades are an important source of revenue to continue product development, and thus need to be substantial. We have tried to achieve a fair balance of free updates to refresh the product, as well as paid major upgrades every year or two.

It is now common for software to be licensed on a subscription basis, and in this arrangement users must pay continuing monthly license fees to keep using the product. The benefit of this arrangement, however, is that the developer can release new features, minor or major, as soon as they are ready without waiting to queue them up in a new major release.

We would very much like to understand what is a better solution for our users - would you prefer that ClearContext continue the traditional perpetual license and major release version model of development, or would you prefer that ClearContext move to a subscription model and release updates more frequently?

For the record, we are actively developing the product and plan to release a major version this year.
ClearContext Support

Postby georgefurnell » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:38 am

Hi,

1. I too have asked for a road map and so agree with the request.
2. The commercial model - I don't care about
3. I do agree that the development seems to be slow. As the product is still missing essential features IMHO.

Still a great product though, thank you.

Regards
George
georgefurnell

Postby WIMMINT » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:28 pm

George, ( and CC please read this carefuly)

You are absolutely correct.

1. I state again A LOT ( sorry for thye capitals)of customers (!) want to know what the future brings, when, what can or will be deliverd
2. The commercial (money) model , I also do not care about.
3. the commercial about communication towards customers .. informing them about what's ahead . commitment on when can be delivered .. for that I would be VERY glad to pay what is needed.
4. as I mentioned before .. you have (!!) a good product ... make it great by delivering faster ! also for that I would be VERY glad to pay !

hope you understand

Wim
WIMMINT

Postby jz608d » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:50 am

Unless I would be wrong, CC is already offering two commercial offers: a subscription that allows to receive earlier updates and the normal upgrades that are issued on a regular basis. In my opinion, that is the good because it serves different types of customers/needs.

I understand that due to different reasons, sometimes is not easy to share the product strategy too much in advance, but perhaps that could be conciliated, sharing the functionalities that on short term will be included in the product (e.g. 6 months). Just to keep the users informed where the product goes! Just my 2 cents!

Definitively CC is a great product! Good work CC team!
jz608d

Postby mikeefficient » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:48 am

I like it to be a subscription model, so that I get updates asap.
mikeefficient

Postby markasteele » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:49 am

Subscription is the new norm and I would like to see more updates.
markasteele

Postby joshloader » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:25 am

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I think the company should be listening to the customers.
joshloader

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support