The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Giving up on ClearContext

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Giving up on ClearContext

Postby Gnopps » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:22 am

I have tried many, many task organisers for both personal and work use. The ones I've worked with the most have been Iqtell and Todoist for my work tasks (Toodledo for private use). When I found ClearContext I was very happy: finally a way to work with my tasks natively in Outlook rather than in a 3rd-party system.

I used ClearContext for quite some time but unfortunately found things missing (like no automatic Next-action promotion) and some bugs that were never sorted (although the developers tried). What annoys me most though is that the development seems to go so slow, and user wishes don't seem to be implemented (my example, more can be found here in the forums).

In the end I realised my need for quick task input and automatic next promotion was greater than the need to have my tasks natively in Outlook. So I've changed to GTDNext and am after a few weeks really happy with this new system (there are drawbacks of course, like no connection to Office-tools and need use quick actions to forward an email to become a task).

With this message I'd like the developers to understand what this product can become with better development and better communication with its users (like a frequent blog about what is happening!). I've given up now, but may return in the future if CC can again offer great features compared to the competition.
Gnopps

Re: Giving up on ClearContext

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:59 am

Thank you for the feedback and we're sorry to hear that you are moving on. We do appreciate the suggestions that you and other users have provided, even if we are not able to move forward on all of them.
ClearContext Support

Postby joshloader » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:57 am

I too have found development of this product slow and updates to only be minor. I have already spoken to ClearContext support and have also voiced the same opinion as the author of this thread. The product is slow in development for the cost. It was good to begin with but I am questioning whether the product is value for money. I hope ClearContext don't sensor my message and take on board that something needs to be done in regards to the improvements.
joshloader

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:23 pm

We have never censored legitimate feedback, and we do want to hear from our users even if it is not complimentary. We especially want to hear about specific improvements that users would like to see. It is understandable that it can be frustrating that we don't move forward with any given suggestion, but we do need to make sure that changes would be a benefit to to the majority of users and not be an isolated improvement for an individual or small set of users.

On the topic of product development, we have historically released a new major version every year or two, with one or more complimentary product updates in between. It is our intention to continue this product development cadence. With the ClearContext product licensing being perpetual for the version purchased, users always have access to the functionality that they originally purchased, and have the option to gain access to newer versions as they come out by choosing to purchase an upgrade license or maintain a Connect subscription.
ClearContext Support

Postby WIMMINT » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:11 am

I concur with Gnopps & Joshloader ..

please have a look with my new post .. "Roadmap & new version? "

I'm also considering to find another tool .. that is more agile in development

Wim
WIMMINT

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support