The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

License Question

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

License Question

Postby ephesians525 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:32 am

Hi, I use two different computers each week (in different locations) to access my Exchange Outlook account. Does a purchase of Clear Context allow me to use this one license on both my computers?
ephesians525

Re: License Question

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 am

Yes, the ClearContext license allows for use on up to 2 computers for the same person, so one license allows for use on your 2 computers as you describe.
ClearContext Support

Postby ephesians525 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Thank You. I assume I would need to configure everything again on each PC, as my personal config would be stored locally and not cloud-based?
Also how do I purchase the MYN software and how does that compare to Clear Context?
ephesians525

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:33 am

We find that most people use the default options in ClearContext, but if you have any special customizations to the ClearContext options you would need to apply them to the 2nd computer manually. If you are using an Exchange email account, work you do on either computer using ClearContext will automatically be synced to both computers.

The MYN version of ClearContext is largely the same product as the regular Pro product. The only differences are the inclusion of the MYN Outlook task and message views, and different ClearContext Options defaults preconfigured for MYN (such as filing to a single Processed Mail folder and use of start dates instead of end dates). If you want to try or buy the MYN version, see the MYN product page here: http://www.clearcontext.com/myn/. Be sure to uninstall the regular Pro version from the Windows Control Panel before installing the MYN version.
ClearContext Support

Postby ephesians525 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks for clarifying all of this. I noted that when I initiated trying ClearContext a couple of weeks ago, it was in response to an email from Michael Linenberger offering the MYN product at $15. Is that offer still available as now that I am clearer on the features I would like to purchase.
ephesians525

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:20 am

There are 2 different MYN products associated with ClearContext. One is the MYN version of ClearContext Pro which is the ClearContext Pro product with the changes mentioned in our last response. The other MYN product mentioned by Michael Linenberger in his newsletter for $15 is a simple MYN utility utility that only manages the MYN views and does not offer any of the functionality of the ClearContext Pro product. That product is described at http://www.mynviews.com
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support