The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC buttons not working in Outlook main window

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC buttons not working in Outlook main window

Postby NeilS » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:53 pm

After having CC installed for some time, I have lost the buttons in the main Outlook window:
screenshot.14.jpg
Outlook main window
screenshot.14.jpg (48.06 KiB) Viewed 5141 times

All of the buttons in the ClearContext tab are either grayed out or do nothing when I click on them. Strangely, the buttons work normally when I double-click on a message to open it in a new window.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled CC, but the result was the same. I am running MS Office 365 ProPlus, V 15.0.4833.10101. I cannot be certain about the version of CC that I'm running as the about button doesn't work. But when I reinstalled CC, I used an installer marked as version 7.1.0.2750.

Thanks,

Neil
NeilS

Re: CC buttons not working in Outlook main window

Postby NeilS » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:58 pm

PS: Activating the functionality via the keyboard shortcuts seems to work properly.
NeilS

Postby NeilS » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Outlook just crashed. When I restarted it, CC seems to be fully functional again. I'm not exactly sure why that happened as I know that I both restarted Outlook and restarted my computer (several times) after I reinstalled CC, but the problem seems to have fixed itself. I'll post again if the problem returns.

Sorry to have troubled you,

Neil
NeilS

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Glad to hear the problem sorted itself out. It is possible another one of your add-ins got disabled in the crash, and perhaps it was one that was conflicting with ClearContext?
ClearContext Support

Postby NeilS » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:10 am

Just took a look at my add-ins, there are none that are newly disabled.
NeilS

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support