The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Feature Request - Expand Select Project dialog

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Feature Request - Expand Select Project dialog

Postby jcampanie » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 am

Good Day,

I'm a long-time user of ClearContext Pro. The one enhancement I've always desired is the expansion of the 'Select a Project' dialog. I have many, many projects and while the Suggestions panel helps, more often than not I find myself scrolling through the folder list at the bottom of the dialog. I would appreciate either or both of the following:

(Again) increase the number of Suggested Projects in the dialog
    Enable dialog expansion with expansion handles - this would really be ideal!

Thank you for your consideration. It's a fantastic (and unmatched) product!

John
jcampanie

Re: Feature Request - Expand Select Project dialog

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks for the suggestions and we're glad to hear that the product is working well for you!

We assume that you have already expanded the window to the wide size using the ">>" button, and expanded the suggestions to the max of 16 entries with the Options button?

We can see how making the window larger would be useful and will consider that for a future release. Having more than 16 suggestions seems a bit overwhelming and we would be curious to hear how other users feel about this.
ClearContext Support

Postby jcampanie » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:11 am

Ah, though I've been playing around with the dialog for some time, I didn't realize I could expand the suggestions past 8. 16 will help (and I agree, having more than that would be superfluous).

I still do hope the dialog expansion enhancement will remain under consideration as on modern monitors it would easily display a large folder structure.

Thanks for the quick reply!

John
jcampanie

Postby georgefurnell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:40 am

Hi,

I find that using the "search" function is my go-to action when opening the "select project" dialogue.

Regards
George
georgefurnell

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support