The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Followup automatically made private?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Followup automatically made private?

Postby JanP » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

In Outlook, is there a way to make the Followup task automatically private?

My issue is that I sync open tasks to SalesForce. But there are a lot of tasks that don't need to be synced with SalesForce. Marking a task private in SalesForce allows that particular task not to be synced.

The problem is that, when I create a Followup task in Outlook, at the time of creating the Followup, I'm not able to mark it as private. So, I create the Followup task and then I have to go find that task on whatever due date I set, open it, and then manually mark it as private - a slow/manual process.

My problem would be solved if I could make all Followups private.

Thanks
Jan P.
JanP

Re: Followup automatically made private?

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:15 am

ClearContext does not have any option to mark tasks as Private, and we don't know of any way of doing so automatically in Outlook. We will add this to our list of potential future enhancements.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support