The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Issue with Defer ?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Issue with Defer ?

Postby phammond » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:00 am

CAVEAT: This *may* not be an issue, it was something that my boss asked me about. Since I referred him I figured I should look into it!

I cannot repro it, since it involves not using Outlook for more than 24 hours, and I am a work-a-holic... :-)

He suspects that if you defer an item, and then do not load Outlook *at all* on the DAY in question (regardless of the defer time), it doesn't get returned to your inbox.

Maybe someone who has a spare 24 hours and can live without mail can test this!? :-)

Outlook 2003, WinXP SP2, Exchange cached.
phammond

Postby DanRowe » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:51 am

Try setting hte dste back on your pc
Defer the item
set the date ahead and then reopen outlook.
that may work as a test
DanRowe

Postby brad » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:49 am

I run Dan's exact test all the time. If you miss a day the software figures it out and pulls the item back into the Inbox.

Is your friend running ClearContext on multiple machines? It could be getting confused by that and missing the Defer...
Brad Meador
brad

Postby terryea » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:48 am

The specific example was when I had sent a meeting invite, and the person declined my appointment. In his decline, he had made a few comments that I wanted to follow up on. I defered his meeting decline with the comments.

Having said all that, I tried to repro this yesterday and am finding that I can't defer calendar replies at all - for either accepts or declines.

Is it expected that I can't defer a meeting invite reply?

thx!
terryea

Postby brad » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:34 pm

This is expected - you should only be able to Defer mail items - not invites or task requests.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support